GENEALOGY OF THE ROYAL HOUSE OF KARAGEORGEVICH OF SERBIA AND YUGOSLAVIA
(The Royal Palace, Belgrade, Serbia; 36 Dover Street, London, W1S 4NL).
1. Prince-Heir (Princ-Naslednik) Peter of Yugoslavia, b
at Chicago, Illinois, 5 Feb 1980, Kt Order of Saint Prince Lazarus, Gd Cross Orders of
Star of Karageorge, the White Eagle, the Yugoslavian Crown, and Saint Sava.
2. Prince Philip, b at Falls Church, Virginia, 15 Jan 1982, Gd Cross Order of Star of Karageorge.
3. Prince Alexander, b at Falls Church, Virginia, 15 Jan 1982 (twin with Prince Philip), Gd Cross Order of Star of Karageorge.
Brothers of Father
Issue of Alexander I, King of Yugoslavia (b 4/16 Dec 1888; assassinated 9 Oct 1934) and Princess Marie of Romania (b 8 Jan 1900; m 8 Jun 1922; d 22 Jun 1961).1. Prince Tomislav, b at Belgrade 19 Jan 1928, was heir presumptive to the Yugoslav Throne 9 Oct 1934 until 17 Jul 1945, Gd Cross Orders of the Star of Karageorge, the White Eagle, the Yugoslavian Crown, Saint Sava, Fidelity of Baden, Cmdr Ven Order of Saint John of Jerusalem; m 1stly at Salem, Baden 6 Jun 1957 (m diss by div at London 14 Dec 1981), Princess Margarita (4 Pemcombe Mews, Denbigh Road, London, W.11.) (b at Salem 14 Jul 1932), dau of Berthold, Margrave of Baden and Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, and has issue,
Prince Tomislav m 2ndly at Bournville, nr Birmingham 16 Oct 1982, Linda (b at London 22 Jun 1949), dau of Holbrook van Dyke Bonney and Joan Evans, and has further issue,
(Oplenac, Topola, Serbia, Yugoslavia; Orchard Cottage, Redlands Farm, Kirdford, West Sussex RH14 OLD).
3). Prince George, b at London 25 May 1984, Gd Cross Order of Star of Karageorge
4). Prince Michael, b at London 15 Dec 1985, Gd Cross Order of Star of Karageorge
2. Prince Andrej, b at Bled, Slovenia 28 Jun 1929; Gd Cross Orders of the Star of Karageorge, the White Eagle, Yugoslavian Crown, and Saint Sava, d at Los Angeles, California 7 May 1990; m 1stly at Kronberg, Taunus 2 Aug 1956 (m diss by div at London 31 May 1962), Princess Christina (b at Kronberg 10 Jan 1933; m 2ndly at London 3 Dec 1962, Robert van Eyck; that m diss by div at London 15 Dec 1985), dau of Prince Christoph of Hesse and Princess Sophie of Greece and Denmark, and has issue,
Prince Andrej m 2ndly at Langton Green, nr Tunbridge Wells, Kent 18 Sep (civ) and at Amorbach 12 Oct (relig) 1963 (m diss by div at Frankfurt am Main 10 Jul 1972), Princess Kira (b at Coburg 18 Jul 1930), dau of Karl, Prince (Fürst) zu Leiningen and Grand Duchess Maria Kyrillovna of Russia, (Flat 4, 6 Frognal, Hampstead, London N.W.3.). He m 3rdly at Palm Springs, California 30 March 1974, Eva Maria (formerly Milica) (b at Vrnjacka Banja 26 Aug 1931; m 1stly F Lowe; that m diss by div 1973), dau of Milan Andjelkovic and Eva Jovanovic, and has further issue by his second wife,
4). Prince Karl Vladimir, b at London 21 March 1964, Gd
Cross Order of Star of Karageorge.
5). Prince Dimitri, b at London 12 Apr 1965, Gd Cross
Order of Star of Karageorge.
Brothers of Grandfather
Issue of Peter I, King of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (b 29 Jun/11 Jul 1844; d 16 Aug 1921) and Princess Ljubica (Zorka) of Montenegro (b 11/23 Dec 1864; m 30 Jul/11 Aug 1883; d 4/16 March 1890), having had issue, among whom,
1. George, Crown Prince of Serbia (from 1929 styled HRH Prince George of Yugoslavia), b at Rijeka 27 Aug/8 Sep 1887; Gd Cross Orders of Star of Karageorge, the White Eagle, and Saint Sava, d at Belgrade 17 Oct 1972, renounced his rights as Heir Apparent and his titles and privileges as Crown Prince of Serbia and holder of the Order of Saint Prince Lazarus at Belgrade 15 March 1909, author; m at Belgrade (civ) 1949 and (relig) 1955, Radmila (b at Soko Banja, Nis 4 Jul 1907; d at Belgrade 9 May 1993), Professor of Law University of Belgrade, dau of Rade Radonjic of Njegosh, Montenegro and Jelena Jovanovic.
2. Prince Andrej, b at Cetinje 23 February 1890; d at Cetinje 9 March 1890, bur at Cetinje, (re-buried at Oplenac, Topola).
Brother of Great-Grandfather
Issue of Alexander I Karageorgevich, Prince of Serbia (b 29 Sep/11 Oct 1806; d 3 May 1865) and Persida Nenadovich (b 3/15 Feb 1813; d 29 March 1873), having had issue, among whom,Prince Arsen (Arsenije), b at Temesvár 4/16 Apr 1859; d at Paris 19 Oct 1938, Gen Russian Army; Cmdr-Gen Yugoslavian Army; m at St Petersburg 19 Apr/1 May 1892 (m diss by div 14/26 Dec 1896), Princess Aurora (b at Kiev 3/15 Nov 1873; d at Turin 28 Jun 1904; m 2ndly at Genoa 4 Nov 1897, Nicola, Count Noghera), dau of Paul Pavlovich Demidoff, Prince of San Donato and Princess Helena Petrovna Trubetzkoy, and had issue,
Prince Paul, b at St Petersburg 15/27 Apr 1893; d at Paris 14 Sep 1976, Prince Regent of Yugoslavia 9 Oct 1934 - 27 March 1941, Gd Cross Orders of Star of Karageorge, the White Eagle, Yugoslavian Crown and Saint Sava, Kt Orders of the Garter, the Annunziata, the Elephant, the Saint-Esprit, Gd Cross Royal Victorian Order, Gd Cross with Collar Order of Carol I of Roumania, Gd Cross Orders of the Redeemer, the Phoenix, the Legion of Honour, etc Gen Yugoslavian Army, BA, MA, Hon DCL, etc; m at Belgrade 22 Oct 1923, Princess Olga (b at Tatoi, nr Athens 29 May/11 Jun 1903; d at Paris 16 Oct 1997), Gd Cross Orders of Saints Olga and Sophia, etc dau of Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark and Grand Duchess Helena Vladimirovna of Russia, and had issue,