Bagration of Moukhrani line
BAGRATION OF MOUKHRANI LINE
Prince GEORGE BAGRATION of MOUKHRANI, b at Rome 22 Feb 1944, son of Prince Irakly (b at Tiflis, Georgia 21 Mar 1909; d at Madrid 30 Nov 1977), and his 2nd wife m at Rome 20 Jun 1940 Countess Maria Antonietta Pasquini, b San Angelo in Vado 26 Apr 1911; d at Rome 22 Feb 1944, dau of Count Ugo Pasquini and Enirchetta Gastaldi (he had m 1st Marie Belaiev, div), assumed the Headship of the Royal House of Bagration of Georgia, taking the title Royal Highness, 1977, m 1stly at Nice 11 Mar 1968 (m diss by div) María de las Mercedes Zornoza y Ponce de Leon (b at Madrid 14 Aug 1942), dau of José Zornoza and his wife María de las Mercedes Ponce de Leon. He m 2ndly at ..1982, Nuria Llopis(b ...19..), and has issue
1. Princess María Antoinetta, b 21 Jun 1969.
2. Prince Irakly, b 26 Aug 1972.
3. Prince David, b 24 Jun 1976.
4. Prince Gourami, b 1984/85.
Half-brother and sisterIssue of Prince Irakly (1909-1977), who proclaimed himself Head of the Royal House of Georgia, and his 3rd wife m at San Sebastian 29 Aug 1946 Infanta María de las Mercedes of Bavaria and Bourbon, Princess of Bavaria (b at Madrid 3 Oct 1911; d at Madrid 11 Sep 1953), dau of Prince Fernando of Bavaria y Borbón, Infante of Spain, and Infanta Maria Teresa of Bourbon and Austria Prince Irakly m 4th at Madrid 19 Oct 1961 María del Pilar Pascual y Roig, no issue).
1. Princess Maria Victoria Tamara Elena Antonietta, b at Madrid 27 Jun 1947; m at Madrid 24 Oct 1968 José Luis Blanco y Briones (b at Madrid 23 Dec 1935), son of Francisco Blanco y Rodríguez and Araceli Briones y Ballesteros.
2. Prince Bagrat Juan Marie, b at Madrid 12 Jan 1949; m at Madrid 12 Nov 1976 María del Carmen Ulloa y Suelves (b at Madrid 6 May 1953) dau of Gonzalo Ulloa y Ramírez de Haro, Marquess of Castro Serna, and María Joséfa Suelves y Ponsich, and has issue,
AuntsIssue of Prince George, b at St Petersburg 16 Jul 1884; d at Madrid 29 Sep 1957, Marshal of the Nobility of Dousheti (Tiflis), m at Tiflis Jul 1908 Elena Sigismonovna Zlotnicky (b at Tiflis 29 Mar 1886; d at Madrid 25 Apr 1979) dau of Sigismond Dmitrievich Zlotnicky aand Princess Maria Eliosbarvna Eristov.
1. Princess Maria, b at Tbilissi 13 Oct 1911; d there 10 Aug 1992.
2. Princess Leonida, b at Tiflis 23 Sep 1914; m 1stly at Nice 6 Nov 1934 (m diss by div at Nice 18 Nov 1937) Sumner Moore Kirby (b at Wilkes Barre, PA, USA 5 Sep 1895; d in concentration camp at Leau bei Bernburg, Germany 7 Apr 1945), son of Fred Morgan Kirby and Jessie Amelie Owen. She m 2ndly at 13 Aug 1948 Grand Duke Wladimir Kyrillovich, Head of the Imperial House of Russia (b at Borga, Finland 17/30 Aug 1917; d at Miami, Florida 21 Apr 1992), son of Grand Duke Kyrill Wladimirovich and Princess Victoria Melita of Edinburgh, Princess of Great Britain and Ireland, Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (see Part I, RUSSIA)
Brother of great-grandfatherIssue of Prince Michel Bagration (1792-1869), yst son of Prince Constantine Ivanovich Bagration (1782-1842), and grandson of Prince Ivané I, penultimate Sovereign Prince of Moukhrani (1756-1800).
Prince Alexander Michailovich Bagration, b at Moscow 29 Mar 1856; d at Versoix, Switzerland 19 Jan 1935; Imp Chamberlain, Councilor of State, Kt Orderd of Saint George of Russia (4th cl), Saint Stanislas (2nd cl), Saint Anne (3rd cl), m at Mzkhet, Georgia 25 May 1879 Princess Mina Tarkhan Moouravi (b at Tiflis 27 Oct 1860; d at Versoix 28 Jan 1934) dau of Prince Iossif Tarkhan-Moouravi and Princess Barbara Orbeliani, and had among other issue,
1. Prince Michael, b at Tiflis, 23 Aug 1883; assas at Tiflis . 1926, m at Tiflis 1907, Princess Daria Koboulova (d at Tbilissi . 1934), dau of Prince Eugene Koboulov and Princess Nina Eristova, and had with other issue
2. Prince George, b at Tiflis 7 Mar 1886; d at Wiesbaden 29 Jun 1922; m at St Petersburg 15 Jan 1912 Olga Alexeievna Sinelnikova (b at St Petersburg 9 Jul 1893; d at Garches, France 15 Apr 1969), dau of Alexis Nicolaievich Sinelnikov and Nadejda Ivanovna Dournova, and had with other issue,
3. Prince Constantine, b at Tiflis 2 Mar 1889 (his rank as Georgian dynast informally confirmed by Nicholas II 1911); d at Yaroslav, nr Lemberg (Russia Galicia, now Poland) 19 May 1915; m at Pavlovsk, St Petersburg 24 Aug 1911 Princess Tatiana Constantinva (b at St Petersburg 11 Jan 1890; at Jerusalem 28 Aug 1979), renounced her rights of succession to the Russian Throne at the time of her marriage, Professed Religious 1946, Abbess and Superior of the Orthodox Convent of the Mount of Olives, dau of Grand Duke Constantine Constantinovich of Russia and Princess Elisabeth of Saxe-Altenburg, and had issue,
2nd lineIssue of Prince George Bagration (1877-1928), son of Prince Estate Bagration (1830-1908), and great-grandson of penultimate Sovereign Prince Ivané, and Zenaida Moroco (m 1st .. Bikov).
1. Prince Theimouraz, b at Tiflis 11 Jun 1915; d , m at Newport, RI 4 Jun 1942 Sylvia Gallo (b ), dau of Julien Gallo y Palacio and Eloina Azcuy, and had issue,
2. Princess Tamara, b .History of Junior but last Reigning Line Prince NUKZAR PETROVICH GROUZINSKY, b at Tbilisi 25 Aug 1950, film producer, succ his father as senior representative of the Royal House of Kartli and Kakheti, 1984, m at . 10 Feb 1971 Leyla Georgievna Kipiani (b at .. 16 Jul 1947), and had issue,
1. Princess Anna Nukzarovna, b at Tbilisi 1 Nov 1976.
2. Princess Maya Nukzarovna, b at Tbilisi 2 Jan 1978.
SistersDaughters of Prince Peter Petrovich Grouzinsky, famed Georgian poet and author of lyrics of many popular songs, including the city hymn "Song About Tbilisi", composed by Revaz Lagidze using his lyrics; "Honoured Art Worker" (Soviet Union, 1979); (b at .. 28 Mar 1920; d at 13 Aug 1984), m 1stly at .. 1939 (m diss by div ) Kethevan Filimonovna Siradze (b 9 Apr 1915). He m 2ndly at ... 14 Sept 1944 Liya Dmitrievna Mgeladze (b 19 Aug 1926), and had issue,
1. Princess Dali Petrovna, b 17 Oct 1939, m 1stly at Tbilisi, Bruno Babunoshvili (b 15 Nov 1938; d 1993). She m 2ndly, Zourab Vakhtangovich Kurashvili (b 14 May 1950).
2. Princess Mzevinar (Mziya) Petrovna, b 15 Sep1945 (resident in Moscow).
UncleElder son of Prince Peter Alexandrovich Grouzinsky, b at . 26 Apr 1857; d at .. 3 Feb 1922, Full Councillor of State, Chamberlain, Member of the special mission of the Tsar to the Caucuses, and his wife, Tamara Alexandrovna Dekanozishili/Dekanozova, b at 1897; m ... ; d at 1977). Prince Constantine Petrovich, b at 1915; d at 1939.
Great-uncleIssue of Prince Alexander Bagratovich, b at . 1820; d at .. 1865; m 1stly . 1851, Princess Elena Zakharovna Tarkhan-Mooravi (b at .. 7 Jul 1831; d at . 1903). He m 2ndly . Princess Kethevan (Catherine) Adronikashvili, and had with other issue by 1st.
1. Prince Michael Alexandrovich, b at 10 feb 1860; d at . 1935; m at .. Princesss Sofia Davidovna Sumbatashvili (b at . 24 Sep 1869; d 4 Oct 1943), and had with other issue,
Half-brother of great-great-grandfatherIssue of King George XII Iraklievich, b at 10 Oct 1746; d at .. 28 Dec 1800, penultimate Tsar of Kartli and Katheti, m 1stly Princess Kéthévane (Catherine) Andronikashvili (b at 1745; d at . 23 Apr 1782). He m 2ndly Princess Miriam Tsitsishvili (b at 1768; d at . 30 Mar 1850), dau of Prince Giorgi Panaskertali- Tsitsishvili, and had with other issue by both marriages 1. Tsarevich David Georgievich, b at . 1 Jul 1767; d at 25 May 1819, deprived of succession rights but reinstated 1798, and reigned as titular but uncrowned Tsar from his fathers death until 6 Jun 1801; m at 9 Jan 1800, Elena Simonovan Abamelik (b at 21 May 1770; d at 20 May 1836), whose family was advanced to princely rank following this marriage.
2. Tsarevich Ioann Georgievich, b at . 16 May 1768; d at 15 Feb 1830, Kt Order of St John, m at .. 1787, Princess Kethevan (Catherine) Zuraboivna Tsereteli (d at .. 1772; d at .. Dec 1832), and had issue
3. Tsarevich Ilya Georievich(13th child of King George XII), Colonel, Izmailovsky Regt, b at Tiblissi 2 Sept. 1791, d 14 or 18 July 1854, m ... Anastasia Obolonsky, b at Moscow ... 1805, d there 31 March 1882, dau of Grigori Petrovitch Obolonsky, and had issue,
PRINCE CONSTANTINE IMERITINSKY, Serene Highness, succ his brother Prince George (b at Tsarkoe Selo 4/16 May 1897; d at Cheltenham, Glos 24 Mar 1972, Lt in Gren Guards and later Lt in RFC, m (diss by div London 14 Nov 1932) 1stly at London 28 Oct [Orthodox] and 29 Oct [Anglican] 1925 Avril Joy Mullens, b 27 Apr 1910; d at Mexico 28 Nov 1978; m 2nd at London 17 Jul 1933 Margaret Venetia Strong [b at Hammerwood, Sussex 1 Dec 1912], dau of Rev Rupert Strong and Helen Strousberg), as Head of the Royal House of Imeritia 24 Mar 1972, b at Palace of Vichnevetz 5/18 Aug 1898; d at London 20 Nov 1978.
Prince Michael, b at St Petersburg 27 Jan 1900; d at Nice 14 Apr 1975; Lt RFC, Sqdn-Ldr RAF, m 10 Dec 1925 Margaret Stella Wright (b at Swanwick, Derbyshire 14 Sep 1899; d at Menton 12 Nov 1986), dau of Henry Fitzherbert Wright, JP and Harriet Fletcher, and had issue,