HOUSE OF THE TWO
GENEALOGY OF THE BRANCH OF BOURBON-TWO SICILIES
FOR THE LATEST ON THE TWO SICILIES ORDERS, SEE BURKE'S PEERAGE AND GENTRY WORLD ORDERS OF KNIGHTHOOD AND MERIT, purchase at www.burkes-peerage.net
CARLOS María Alfonso Marcelo, b at Lausanne 16 Jan 1938, DUKE OF CALABRIA and COUNT OF CASERTA by declaration 5 Mar 1964, succ his father as Head of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies 3 Feb 1964, cr by his father Duke of Noto 17 Mar 1960, the title of Infant of Spain conferred upon him as the "Representative" of the dynastic line of Bourbon-Two Sicilies by King Juan Carlos I of Spain, 16 Dec 1994 (BO 17 Dec 1994), Grand Master of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George, and the Royal Order of Saint Januarius, Grand Master of the Royal Order of Saint Ferdinand and of Merit, Kt Order of the Golden Fleece, Gr Cdr of Order of Alcántara, Gd Cross Orders of Naval Merit of Spain, Gd Cross of Military Merit of Spain, Gd Cross of Agricultural Merit of Spain, Gd Cross of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem, the White Eagle (Yugoslavia), and Vila Viçosa (Portugal), etc, Pres of Council of four Spanish Military Orders of Santiago, Calatrava, Alcántara and Montesa, Pres Association of Hidalgos a fuero de España, Pres Spanish branch United World College, Pres Confederación Española de Fundaciones, m at Louveciennes, Yvelines 11 May (civ) and Dreux 12 May (relig) 1965, Princess Anne (b at Woulwé-Saint-Pierre, nr Brussels 4 Dec 1938), Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, dau of Henri, Count of Paris, and Princess Isabelle of Orléans and Bragança, and has issue,
(José Ortega y Gasset 26, 28006 Madrid, Spain)
1. Princess Cristina Isabella María Luisa, b at Madrid 15 Mar 1966; Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, m at La Toledana, Ciudad Real 15 Jul 1994 Pedro López-Quesada y Fernández Urrutia (b at Madrid 26 Jul 1964), Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, the son of Pedro López-Quesada y Fernández Lascaiti and Adela Fernández y Urrutia Carles.
2. Princess María Paloma Diana Irene, b at Madrid 5 Apr
1967; Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, m at La Toledana, Ciudad Real
13 Jul 1996, Archduke Simeon of Austria, Bailiff Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint
George and Kt of St Januarius (b at Katana, Belgian Congo 29 Jun 1958), son of the Archduke Rudolph of
Austria, and his 1st wife Xenia, Countess Tschernyschew-Besobrasow.
3. Prince Pedro Giovanni María Alejo Saturnino y Todos los Santos, Duke of Noto (cr by his father at birth), b at Madrid 20 Apr 1971, Kt Order of Saint Januarius, Grand Prefect and Bailiff Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, Gd Constable Order of Saint George of the Reunion, Kt Order of Alcántara, m at Madrid, 30 Mar 2001 Sofia Landaluce y Melgarejo (b at Madrid 23 Nov 1973), daughter of
1) Prince Jaime, b at Madrid 26 June 1993.
2) Prince Juan, b at Madrid 18 Apr 2003
3) Prince Pablo, b at Madrid 28 Jun 2004
4. Princess Inés María Alicia Anna Isabella, b at
Madrid 20 Apr 1971, Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, m at
Toledo 13 Oct 2001 Nobile Michele Carrelli Palombi dei Marchesi di Raiano (b
at Rome 17 Sep 1965), son of Arturo Carrelli Palombi, Marchese di
5. Princess Victoria María Aline Carolina de la Santisíma Trindad y Todos los Santos, b at Madrid 24 May 1976, Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George,m 27 Sep 2003 Markos Nomikos (b at Kifissia, Greece 29 Oct 1965).
1. Princess Teresa Maria Francesca Dorotea, cr Duchess of Salerno by her father (17 Mar 1960 until her marriage), b at Lausanne 6 Feb 1937, Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, m at Madrid 16 Apr 1961, Inigo Moreno y de Arteaga, 12th Marquess of Laula (b Madrid 18 Apr 1934), Kt Order of Saint Januarius, Bailiff Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, Kt Hon & Dev of Sov Mil Order of Malta, Kt Order of Santiago, son of H.E. don Francisco Moreno, Count of Los Andes and of dona Maria-Teresa de Arteaga, Marchioness of the Eliseda.
2. Princess Inés Maria Alicia, cr Duchess of Syracuse (17 Mar 1960 until her marriage), b at Lausanne 18 Feb 1940, Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, m at Madrid 21 Jan 1965 (judicial separation 1978), Luis Morales y Aguado (b at Grenada 8 Oct 1933), son of Manuel Morales and Maria del Carmen Aguado.
Infanta Alicia Maria Teresa Francesca Luisa Pia Anna Valeria, Duchess
of Calabria, b at Vienna 13 Nov 1917, dau of Elias I, Duke of Parma, Piacenza and
the Annexed States and Archduchess Maria Anna of Austria, Gd Cross Constantinian Order of
Saint George, Gd Cross Maria Luisa, senior representative of Edward the Confessor, King of
England, David I, King of Scotland, and the ancient Kings of Navarre, m at Vienna
16 1936, Prince & Infant Alfonso Maria Leo Cristino Alfonso di Liguori
Antonia Francesco Saverio, succ his uncle Ferdinand Pius, Duke of Calabria, as Head
of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies 7 Jan 1960, and assumed the title of Duke of
Calabria and Count of Caserta 17 Mar 1960, Grand Master of Constantinian Order
of Saint George and of Saint Januarius, Kt Golden Fleece, Gd Cross Orders of Charles III,
Isabel the Catholic, Leopold of Belgium, the Saviour of Greece, Kt Order of Alcántara, b
at Madrid 30 Nov 1901; d at Madrid 3 Feb 1964.
Issue (granted the title of Infants of Spain by Royal Decrees of King Alfonso XIII 29 Jan 1903 and 15 Oct 1904) of Prince Carlo Maria Francesco d'Assisi Ferdinando Antonio di Padova Francesco di Paola Alfonso Avelino Tancredi of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, who signed anAct stating his intention "to renounce and to renounce for himself and his descendants the eventual succession to the Crown of the Two-Sicilies .. in execution of the Pragmatic Decree" prohibiting the union of the Spanish and Two Sicilies Crowns, at Cannes 14 Dec 1900; naturalized a Spanish subject 7 Feb 1901, granted the title of Infant of Spain, Kt Order of Saint Januarius, Kt Golden Fleece, Gd Cross Orders of Charles III, Isabel the Catholic, Ferdinand & Merit of the Two Sicilies, Francis I of the Two Sicilies, Gr Cdr Order of Alcántara, Kt Black Eagle of Prussia, Kt Saint Hubert of Bavaria, Collar Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem, Capt-Gen Spanish Army, b at Gries nr Bolzano 10 Nov 1870; d at Seville 11 Nov 1949; m lstly at Madrid 14 Feb 1901, Infanta Maria de las Mercedes, Princess of the Asturias, b at Madrid 11 Sep 1880; d there 17 Oct 1904), elder dau of Alfonso XII, King of Spain and Archduchess Marie Christine (Maria Cristina) of Austria.1. Prince & Infant Fernando Maria Antonio Alfonso Carlos Federico Ignacio Olegario, b at Madrid 6 Jun 1903; d there 4 Aug 1905.
2. Princess & Infanta Isabel Alfonsa Maria Teresa Antonietta Cristina Mercedes Carolina Adelaida Rafaela, b at Madrid 16 Oct 1904; d there 18 Jul 1985, Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, Gd Cross Maria Luisa, m at Madrid (non dynastic in Spain) 9 Mar 1929 Jan de Kanty, Count Zamoyski, Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George (b at Krakow 17 Aug 1900; d at Monte Carlo 28 Sep 1961).
Prince & Infant Carlo m 2ndly at Woodnorton, Evesham, Worcestershire 16 Nov 1907, Princess Louise (b at Cannes 24 Feb 1882; d at Seville 18/19 Apr 1958), dau of Prince Louis-Philippe of Orléans, Count of Paris, and had further issue (granted the title of Prince and Princesses of Borbón with the style of Royal Highness, and the honors and treatment accorded Infants of Spain by RD of Alfonso XIII 3 Aug 1908).3. Prince Carlo Maria Ferdinando Luigi Filippo Lorenzo Justiniano, b at Santillana, Santander 5 Sep 1908; k at Eibor 27 Sep 1936.
4. Princess Maria de los Dolores Victoria Filippina Maria de las Mercedes Luisa Carlota Eugenia, b at Madrid l5 Nov 1909; d at Madrid 11 May 1996; Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, Gd Cross Maria Luisa, m 1stly at Lausanne 12 Aug (civ) and at Ouchy 16 Aug (relig) 1937, Józef August, 13th Prince Czartoryski, Duke of Klewan and Zuków (b at Warsaw 20 Oct 1907; d at Seville 1 Jul 1946), son of Adam Ludwik, 12th Prince Czartoryski and Countess Ludwika Krasinska. She m 2ndly at Seville 29 Dec 1950, Carlos Chias y Osorio (b at Barcelona 26 Feb 1925), son of Rafael Chias Serrano and Maria del Carmen Osorio y Donoso Cortes.
5.Princess Maria de las Mercedes Cristina Germara Isabel Luisa
Carolina Victoria, b at Madrid 23 Dec 1910; Gd Cross Hon & Dev of Sov Mil Order
of Malta, Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, Gd Cross Maria Luisa, etc, m
at Rome 12 Oct 1935, Infant Juan of Spain, Count of Barcelona, Head of Royal House of
Spain (b at San Ildefonso 20 Jun 1913; d at Pamplona 1 Apr 1993), son of
King Alfonso XIII of Spain and Princess Victoria Eugènie of Battenberg.
6. Princess Maria de la Esperanza Amelia Raniera, b at
Madrid 14 Jun 1914; Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, Gd Cross Maria Luisa, m
at Seville 18 Dec 1944, Prince Dom Pedro Gastão of Orléans & Bragança, Head of
the Imperial House of Orléans-Braganza (b at Château d'Eu, Seine Maritime
19 Feb 1913).
Descendants of grt-grandfather, Alfonso, Count of Caserta (b 28 Mar 1841; d 26 May 1934), who succ his brother Francis II as Head of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies and Gd Master of Constantinian Order of Saint George 27 Dec 1894, and Princess Antonietta of the Two Sicilies (b 16 Mar 1851; m 8 Jun 1868; d 12 Sep 1938).
1. Ferdinando Pio Maria, Duke of Calabria (by decision of King Francis II 27 Dec 1894), and Count of Caserta (26 May 1934), Head of the Royal House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, b at Rome 25 Jul 1869; d at Lindau, Bavaria 7 Jan 1960, Col Bav Army, Capt Sp Army, succ his father 29 Dec 1931 as Grand Master of the Constantinian Order of Saint George, and as Head of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies and Grand Master of the Order of Saint Januarius 1934, Kt Orders of the Golden Fleece, Saint Hubert of Bavaria, the Annunciata, Bailiff Gd Cross Hon & Dev of Sov Mil Order of Malta, Gd Cross Order of Charles III, etc, m at Munich 31 May 1897, Princess Maria (b at Villa Amsee, nr Lindau 6 Jul 1872; d there 10 Jun 1954), Dame Star Cross Order, Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, Gd Cross Hon & Dev of Sov Mil Order of Malta, dau of Ludwig III, King of Bavaria and Archduchess Maria Theresia of Austria, and had issue
2. Prince Francesco di Paola, b at Rorschach, Switzerland 14 Jul 1873; d 26 Jun 1876.
3. Princess Maria Immacolata Speranza Pia Teresa Cristina Filomena Lucia Anna Isabella Cecilia Apollonia Barbara Agnese Zenobia, b at Cannes 30 Oct 1874; d at Muri 28 Nov 1947; m at Cannes (civ) 29 and (relig) 30 Oct 1906, Prince Johann Georg of Saxony (b at Dresden 10 Jul 1869; d at Wildenwart 24 Nov 1938).
4. Princess Maria Cristina Carolina Pia Carmela Giuseppa Antonia Anna Luitgarda Speranza Lucia Caterina Apollonia Cecilia Agata, b at Cannes 10 Apr 1877; d at Saint Gilgen 4 Oct 1947; m at Cannes (civ) 7 and (relig) 8 Nov 1900, Archduke Peter Ferdinand of Austria, Grand Duke of Tuscany (b at Salzburg 12 May 1874; d at Saint Gilgen 8 Nov 1948).
5. Princess Maria di Grazia Pia Chiara Anna Teresa Isabella Luitgarda Apollonia Agata Cecilia Filomena Antonia Lucia Cristina Carolina, b at Cannes 12 Aug 1878; d at Mandelieu 20 Jun 1973; m at Cannes (civ) 3 and (relig) 4 Nov 1908, Prince Dom Luiz of Orléans and Bragança (b at Petropolis 26 Nov 1879; d at Cannes 26 Mar 1920).
6. Princess Maria Giuseppina Antonietta, b at Cannes 25 Mar 1880; d at Cannes 22 Jul 1971.
7. Prince Gennaro Maria Francesco di Paolo, b at Cannes 24 Jan 1882; d there 11 Apr 1944; m (non dynastic) at London 27 Jun 1922, Beatrice Bordessa who was granted the title of Countess of Villa Colli by the Count of Caserta 9 Jan 1923 (b at Chester 29 Dec 1881; d at West Malling Kent 20 Aug 1963).
8. Prince Ranieri Maria Benedetto Giuseppe Labaro Gaetano Francesco Saverio Barbo Nicolo et omnes sancti, proclaimed himself Head of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies and assumed the title of Duke of Castro on the death of his eldest brother, Ferdinando, b at Cannes 3 Dec 1883; naturalised French as Rainier de Bourbon 1904, assumed the Grand Magistery of the Constantinian Order of Saint George and the Order of Saint Januarius, Kt Orders of the Golden Fleece (resigned 1962), the Annunciata, Saint Hubert of Bavaria, Bailiff Gd Cross Hon & Dev of Sov Mil Order of Malta, Gd Cross Order of Charles III, Kt Order of Alcántara, Hon Cap Spanish Army, d at Roquebrune-sur-Argens 13 Jan 1973; m at Cannes (non dynastic in Spain) 12 Sep 1923, Countess Karolina (b at Cracow 20 Sep 1896; d at Marseilles 9 May 1968), dau of Count Andrzej Zamoyski and Princess Maria Carolina of the Two Sicilies, and had issue,
9. Prince Filippo Maria Alfonso Antonio Ferdinando Francesco di Paola Luigi Enrico Alberto Taddeo Francesco Saverio Uberto, b at Cannes 10 Dec 1885; d at Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada 9 Mar 1949; m 1stly at Neuilly, Seine 12 Jan (civ) and 15 Jan (relig) 1916 (m diss by div at Grasse, Dept Alpes-Maritimes 3 Nov 1925 and relig annulled at Rome 31 May 1926), Princess Marie Louise (b at Neuilly 31 Dec 1896; d at New York 8 Mar 1973; m 2ndly at Chichester, Sussex 12 Dec 1928, Walter Kingsland, who d at New York 20 Jul 1961), dau of Prince Emmanuel of Orléans, Duke of Vendôme & Alençon and Princess Henriette of Belgium. He m 2ndly at Paris (non-dynastic) 10 Jan 1927, Odette (b at Paris 22 Nov 1902; d at Le Kremlin-Bicetre, Val de Maine 19 Jun 1968; m 1stly at Paris 18 Feb 1925, Dino Ceretti; that m annulled at Milan 15 Nov 1926 and at Rome 6 Dec 1926), dau of Fernand Labori and Marguerite O'Key, and had issue by his first wife,
10. Prince Francesco d'Assisi Maria Ferdinando Eudo b at Cannes 13 Jan 1888; d there 26 Mar 1914.
11. Prince Gabriele Maria Giuseppe Carlo lgnazio Antonio Alfonso Pietro Giovanni Gerardo della Majella et omnes sancti, b at Cannes 11 Jan 1897; d at Itú São Paolo, Brazil 22 Oct 1975, naturalized in Spain, cr Prince of Borbón with the qualification of Royal Highness and the honors and treatment of Infant of Spain (RD 19 Aug 1920), Kt Orders of the Golden Fleece, Saint Januarius, Bailiff Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, Gd Cross Order of Charles III, Kt Order of Alcántara, Kt Hon & Dev Sov Mil Order of Malta, Capt Spanish Army, m 1stly at Paris 25 Aug 1927, Princess Marguerite (b at Warsaw 17 Aug 1902; d at Cannes 8 Mar 1929), dau of Adam Ludwik, 12th Prince Czartoryski and Countess Ludwika Krasinska, and had issue,
(1). Prince Francesco Filippo Maria Giuseppe Gabriele, KSt Jan, b at Ravensburg, Würtemberg 20 Jun 1960, m Geneva 2 Jun 2000 (rel) 17 Jun 2000 Alexandra Countess von Schönborn-Wiesentheid (b at Zürich 2 Jun 1967),
(a) Prince Antoine Gaetano Nicolas Istvan Marie, b.at Geneva 6 Jun 2003
(b) Prince Dorothée Maria Amalia Tatiana Hélène, b at Zürich 10 May 2005
(2). Princess Maria Carolina Giovanna Rosa Cecilia, b at
Friedrichshafen am Bodensee 18 Jul 1962; m at Tilbingen 6 May 1998 (civ) and 26 Aug
1989 (relig), Dr Andreas Baumbach (b at Tilbingen 30 Apr 1963).
(3). Prince Gennaro Maria Pio Casimiro, Kt StJan, b at
Ravensburg 27 Jan 1966.
(4). Princess Maria Annunziata Urraca Margarita Elisabeth, b at Friedrichshafen am Bodensee 18 Feb 1973, m at Helsinki 2 Aug 2003 Count Carl Fredrik Creutz (b 1 Nov 1971)
Prince Gabriele m 2ndly at Cracow 15 Sep 1932, Princess Cecylia
(Cécile) (b at Poreba Wielka, Myslenice Poland 28 Jun 1907), Gd Cross
Constantinian Order of Saint George, dau of Kasimir, Prince Lubomirski and Countess
Theresia Granów-Wodzicka, and by her had further issue,
2). Prince Giovanni Maria Casimiro, b at Warsaw 30
Jun 1933, Writer, Kt Hon & Dev Sov Mil Order of Malta, Bailiff Gd Cross Constantinian
Order of Saint George, Kt Order of Saint Januarius, etc.
3). Princess Maria Margherita Teresa Antonietta Alfonsa
Casimira, b at Warsaw 16 Nov 1934, Dame Constantinian Order of Saint George, m at
San Miguel de Jerez de la Frontera, Prov Cadiz 11 Jun 1962, Luis de Gonzaga Maldonado y
Gordon (b at Madrid 17 Nov 1932).
4). Princess Maria Immacolata, b at Warsaw 25 Jun 1937, Dame
Constantinian Order of Saint George, m at San Carlos, Ibiza 29 Jun 1970 (m diss
by div at Madrid 25 Oct 1979 and relig annulled at Madrid 24 Apr 1980), Miguel García de
Saez y Tellecea (b at Pamplona, Spain 6 Sep 1921; d at Madrid 12 Mar 1982).
5). Prince Casimiro Maria Alfonso Gabriele, b at Warsaw 8
Nov 1938, Bailiff Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, Kt Saint Januaius, m
at Jacarázinho, Brazil 29 Jan 1967, Princess Maria Cristina (b at Château
Miramar, nr Trieste 12 Sep 1933), Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, dau of
Prince Amedeo of Savoy, Duke of Aosta and Princess Anne of Orléans, and has issue,
(1). Prince Luigi Alfonso, b at Rio de Janeiro 28 Nov 1970, m at Sao Paolo 22 Oct 1998, Christine Apovian (b at São Paolo 20 May 1969), and has issue,
Anna Sophia de Borbon, b at São Paulo 9 Apr 1999
(2). Princess Anna Cecilia, b at São Paulo 24 Dec 1971, m at Verchers-sur-Layon 18 Aug 2005 (rel) Turin 19 Sep 2005 Count Rodolphe de Causans (b at Chesnay 22 Jan 1973)
(3). Princess Elena Sofia, b at São Paulo 9 Sep 1973.
(4). Prince Alessandro Enrico, b at São Paulo 9 Aug 1974.
Yr son of grt-grt-grandfather, Ferdinand II, King of the Two Sicilies, b at Palermo 12 Jan 1810; d at Caserta 22 May 1859, m 2ndly (by proxy at Trento 9 Jan 1837) and in person at Naples 27 Jan 1837, Archduchess Theresia of Austria (b at Vienna 31 Jul 1816; d at Albano, Italy 5 Aug 1867), dau of Archduke Karl-Ludwig, Duke of Teschen, and Princess Henrietta of Nassau-Weilburg.1. Prince Lodovico Maria, Count of Trani, b at Naples 1 Aug 1883; d at Paris 8 Jun 1886, m at Munich 5 Jun 1861, Mathilde, Duchess in Bavaria (b at Possenhofen, Bavaria 30 Sep 1843; d at Munich 18 Jun 1925), dau of Maximilian, Duke in Bavaria and Princess Ludovica of Bavaria, and sister of Queen Maria of the Two Sicilies, wife of King Francis II, and of the Empress Elizabeth of Austria, and had issue an only dau,
2. Prince Gaetano Maria Federico, Count of Girgenti, b at Naples 12 Jan 1846; d (by suicide) at Lucerne, Switzerland 26 Nov 1871, cr Infant of Spain as Cayetano de Borbón, Conde de Girgenti, 9 May 1868 while preserving his rights to the Two Sicilies succession, m at Madrid 13 May 1868 Infanta Isabel of Spain (b at Madrid 20 Dec 1851; d at Paris 23 Apr 1931), Princess of the Asturias and Heiress Presumptive to the throne of Spain 24 Mar 1852 28 Nov 1857, and Heiress Presumptive 25 Jun 1870 11 Sep 1880, elder surv dau of Isabel II, Queen of Spain and Francisco de Asis, King-Consort.
Yr son of Francis I, King of the Two Sicilies, b at Naples 19 Aug 1777; d there 8 Nov 1830, m 2ndly (by proxy at Barcelona 6 Jul 1802) in person at Naples 6 Oct 1802, Infanta Isabel of Spain (b at Madrid 4 Jul 1789; d at Portici 13 Sep 1848, m 2ndly at Naples 15 Jan 1839 Count Francesco del Balzo, of the Dukes of Presenzano, b 17 May 1805; d 15 Apr 1882), dau of Charles IV, King of Spain and Princess Maria Luisa of Parma.Prince Luigi Carlo Maria Giuseppe, Count of Aquila (cr by his grandfather 1824) b at Naples 19 Jul 1824; d at Paris 5 Mar 1897, Imperial Highness (jure uxoris 28 Apr 1844), m at Rio de Janeiro 28 Apr 1844 Januaria, Princess Imperial of Brazil (b at Rio de Janeiro 11 Mar 1822; d at Nice 13 Mar 1901), and had with other issue,
To Genealogical Tree of the Dynasty