GENEALOGY OF THE BRANCH OF BOURBON-PARMA
(Hugues) CARLOS HUGO Xavier Marie Sixte
Louis Robert Jean Georges Benoit Michel, DUKE OF PARMA, PIACENZA AND GUASTALLA AND THE
ANNEXED STATES, and Grand Master of the Parmesan Constantinian Order of Saint George
and the Order of San Luigi, succ 7 May 1977, b at Paris 8 Apr 1930, son of
François Xavier, Duke of Parma, etc (b 25 May 1889; styled Francisco Javier
I, King of Spain 30 May 1952, assumed the title Count of Molina Aug 1964, and conferred
the titles of Infant or Infanta of Spain on his children; d 7 May 1977) and
Madeleine de Bourbon-Busset (b at Paris 23 Mar 1898; m 12 Nov 1927; d 1 Sep
1984); cr by his father Prince of the Asturias 5 May 1957, and Duke of San Jaime 29
Sep 1961/4 Nov 1963, assumed the title Duke of Madrid Feb 1964 and the rank of Kt of
Golden Fleece, assumed Carlist leadership 8 Apr 1975, naturalised Spanish as Carlos-Hugo
de Borbón-Parma y Borbón, by RD 5 Jan 1979; m at the French Consulate, Rome (civ)
and at the Borghese Chapel, Church of Santa Maria Maggiore, Rome 29 Apr 1964 (m
diss by div at Utrecht 26 May 1981), Princess Irene (Schloss Soestdijk, Baarn, Prov.
Utrecht, Netherlands) (b at Soestdijk Palace, Baarn,, Utrecht 5 Aug
1939), converted to Catholicism at Rome 3 Jan 1964, dau of Bernhard, Prince zur
Lippe-Biesterfeld, Prince of the Netherlands and Juliana, Queen of the Netherlands
(incorporated into the Dutch nobility with the titles of Prince or Princess of
Sons & Daughters
1. Prince Carlos Xavier Bernardo Sixto Maria, cr by his father Prince of Piacenza, 2 Sep 1996, b at Nimeguen, Netherlands 27 Jan 1970.
2. Prince Jaime Bernardo, cr by his father Count of Bardi, 2 Sep 1996, b at Nimeguen 13 Oct 1972.
3. Princess Margarita Marie Beatrice, cr by her father Countess of Colorno, 2 Sep 1996, b at Nimeguen 13 Oct 1972 (twin with Prince Jaime).
4. Princess María-Carolina Christine, cr by her father, Marchioness of Sala, 2 Sep 1996, b at Nimeguen 23 Jun 1974.
Brother & Sisters
1. Princess Marie Françoise Antoinette Jeanne
Madeleine, b at Paris 10 Aug 1928; Gd Cross Hon & Dev Sov Mil Order of Malta,
Cdr Orders of Saint Gregory the Great, the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem, m at
Besson, Allier (civ) 12 Dec 1959 and at Paris (relig) 7 Jan 1960, Eduard, Prince of
Lobkowicz (b at New York 12 Jun 1926), Bailiff Gd Cross Hon & Dev Sov Mil Order
of Malta, Bailiff Gd Cross Constantinian Order of Saint George, son of H.S.H. Prince
Eduard of Lobkowicz and Anita Lihme.
2. Princess Marie-Thérèse Cecile Zita Charlotte, b at
Paris 28 Jul 1933, Dr soc, created "Countess of Poblet" by her father as Carlist
3. Princess Cécile Marie Antoinette Madeleine Jeanne Agnes
Françoise b at Paris 12 Apr 1935.
4. Princess Marie-des-Neiges Madeleine Françoise, b at
Paris 29 Apr 1937, Dr Bioligist.
5. Prince Sixte Henri Hugues François Xavier, b at Pau,
Bearn 22 Jul 1940, cr Duke of Aranjuez by his father (as Carlist claimant to the
Spanish Throne, 4 Nov 1963).
Half-Brothers & Brothers of Father
Issue of Roberto I, last reigning Duke of Parma (b 9 Jul 1848; d 16 Nov 1907) and his:
A): - 1st wife, Princess Maria Pia delle Grazie of the Two Sicilies (b 2 Aug 1849; m 5 Apr 1869; d 29 Sep 1882), having had issue, among whom,
1. Enrico I (Henri 1) Maria Alberto Ferdinando Carlo Pio Luigi Antonio, titular Duke of Parma and Piacenza, b at Wartegg 13 Jun 1873; d at Pianore 10 May 1939.
2. Giuseppe I (Joseph I) Maria Pietro Paolo Francesco Roberto Tomaso Dame'Aquino Andreas Avellino Biagio Mauro Carlo Stanislao Luigi Filippo Neri Leone Bernardo Antonio Ferdinando, titular Duke of Parma and Piacenza, b at Biarritz 30 Jun 1875; d at Pianore 7 Jan 1950.
3. Elias I (Élie I) Roberto Carlo Maria Pio Giuseppe, Duke of Parma and Piacenza, (b at Biarritz 23 Jul 1880; d at Friedberg, Austria 27 Jun 1959, acted as head of the Ducal Family from the death of his father in 1907; Kt Order of the Golden Fleece (Austria), m at Vienna 25 May 1903, Archduchess Maria Anna (b at Linz 6 Jan 1882; d at Lausanne 25 Feb 1940), dau of Archduke Friedrich of Austria, Duke of Teschen and Princess Nathalie von Croy, and had issue,
B):- 2nd wife, Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal (b 28 Nov 1862; m 15 Oct 1884; d 14 May 1959), having had issue, among whom,4. Prince Sisto (Sixte) Ferdinando Maria Ignazio Alfonso Roberto Michael Francesco Carlo Luigi Saverio Giuseppe Antonio Pio Taddeo Giovanni Sebastiano Paolo Biagio Estanislao Benedetto Bernardo Marco, b at Wartegg 1 Aug 1886; d at Paris 14 Mar 1934, author of historical works; m at Paris (civ) 11 Nov (relig) 12 Nov 1919 Hedwige (b at Paris 15 Feb 1896; d at Paris 7 May 1986), dau of Armand de la Rochefoucauld, Duke of Bisaccia, 5th Duke of Doudeauville and Princess Louise Radziwill, and had issue,
5. Prince Felice (Felix) Maria Vincenzo Marie Vincent, b at Schwarz au am Steinfelde 28 Sep 1893; d at Luxembourg 8 Apr 1970, naturalized in Luxembourg and granted the title of Prince of Luxembourg 5 Nov 1919; m at Luxembourg 6 Nov 1919, Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (b at Schloss Berg 23 Jan 1896; d at Schloss Fischbach 9 Jul 1985), and had issue (see LUXEMBOURG).
6. Prince Renato (René) Carlo Maria Giuseppe, b at Schwartzau 17 Oct 1894; d at Hellerup 30 Jul 1962; m at Copenhagen 9 Jun 1921, Princess Margrethe (b at Bernstorffshoj 17 Sep 1895; d at Brodrejoj 18 Sep 1992), dau of Prince Valdemar of Denmark and Princess Marie of Orléans, and had issue,
4). Prince André Marie, b at Paris 6 Mar 1928, Dipl Econ
m (non dynastic) at Paris 2 May (civ) and at Villefranche, nr Nice 9 May (relig)
1960, Marina (b at Paris 5 Sep 1935), dau of Paul Gacry and Yvonne Dessaules, and
(1). Princess Sophie (Tania), b 13 Nov 1961; m at La Bussière 8 Jul (civ) and at Buisson, Losere France (relig) 9 Aug 1988, Gilbert (Gaya) Silly (dit Becaud) (b at Paris 2 Feb 1953).
7. Prince Luigi (Louis) Carlo Maria Leopoldo Roberto, b
at Schwarzau 5 Dec 1899; d at Mandelieu 4 Dec 1967, Kt Hon & Dev Sov Mil Order
of Malta; m at Rome 23 Jan 1939, Princess Maria (b at Rome 26 Dec 1914),
Dame Star Cross, Dame Hon & Dev Sov Mil Order of Malta, dau of Vittorio Emanuele III,
King of Italy and Princess Elena of Montenegro, and had issue,
1). Prince Guido (Guy) Sisto Luigi Roberto Vittorio, b at Cannes 7 Aug 1940; d at Paris 10 Mar 1991; m (non dynastic) at Cannes 10 Jul (civ) and 11 Jul (relig) 1964 (m diss by div at Nanterre, Hauts de Seine 17 Sep 1981), Brigitte (b at Cannes 13 Aug 1943; d at Lausanne 25 Feb 1993), dau of Victor Peu-Duvallon and Maria (Nina) Munzinger, and has issue, one son
2). Prince Remigio (Rémy) Francesco Saverio Luigi
Roberto Vittorio, b at Cannes 14 Jul 1942; m (at Saint-Prix, Val d'Oise
8 Feb (civ) and at Paris 10 Feb (relig) 1973 (m diss by div at Paris 21 Mar 1983),
Laurence (10 rue du Dr. Calmette, Les Oliviers, 06110 Le Cannet, France) (b
at Paris VIII 18 Jan 1951), dau of Christian Dufresne d'Arganchy and Genevieve
Normand, and has issue,
3). Princess Jeanne Chantal Marie Hélène Antoinette Charlotte, b at Cannes 24 Nov 1946; m 1stly at Mandelieu I Jul (civ) and at Cannes 23 Sep (relig) 1977 (m diss by div at Paris 26 Nov 1987), Panayotis Skinas (b at Athens 8 Mar 1937), Art Expert. She m 2ndly at Sainte-Thorette, Cher 24 Sep 1988, Frangois Henri des Georges (b at Nice 4 Mar 1941).
4). Prince Jean Bernard Rémy, b at Cannes 15 Oct 1961,
Bank Assistant; m (non dynastic) at Antibes, Alpes Maritimes 21 Mar (civ) and at
Juan-les-Pins, Alpes Maritimes 26 Mar (relig) 1988, Virginie (b at Saint Chamond,
Dept Loire 31 Aug 1964), Book-keeper, dau of Guy Roatta and Andree Obeniche, and has
8. Prince Gaetano (Gaetan) Maria Giuseppe Pio, b at Pianore 11 Jun 1905; d at Mandelieu 9 Mar 1958; m at Paris 29 Apr 1931 (m diss by div at Budapest 30 Aug 1940 and at Paris 24 Jan 1950), Princess Margarete (b at Beloeil, Belgium 8 Nov 1909), dau of Alexander, Prince von Thum und Taxis, Ist Duke of Castel-Duino, and Princess Marie de Ligne, and had issue, (Hotel Atlantico, 5042 Forte dei Marini, Prov. Lucca, France).