BRANCH OF ORLÉANS (GALLIERA)
Issue of Louis-Philippe I, King of the French
2. Prince Antoine Marie Philippe Louis, Duke of Montpensier, b at Château of Neuilly 31 Jul 1824; d at Castle of San Lucar de Barrameda, Cadiz 4 Feb 1890; Infant of Spain 10 Oct 1859, Capt-Gen in Spanish Army, m (in breach of terms of reciprocal renunciation of rights of succession to Spanish Crown by Philippe, Duke of Orleans, 1712/13) at Madrid 10 Oct 1846, María Luisa, Infanta of Spain (b 30 Jan 1832; d 1 Feb 1897), yr dau of King Ferdinand VII of Spain and Princess María Cristina of the Two Sicilies, Queen Regent of Spain, and had with other issue, a son,
Prince Antonio Maria Luis Felipe Juan Florencio, Infant of Spain, b at Seville 23 Feb 1866; d at Paris 24 Dec 1930, 4th Duke of Galliera; m at Madrid 6 Mar 1886, his first cousin, Infanta Eulalia (b at Madrid 12 Feb 1864; d at Irun 8 Mar 1958), dau of Isabel II, Queen of Spain and Infant Francisco de Asís, King Consort of Spain, and had issue,
1). Prince Alfonso Maria Francisco Antonio Diego, Infant of Spain, b at Madrid 12 Nov 1886; d at Sanlucar de Barrameda 10 Aug 1975, 5th Duke of Galliera, Gen Spanish Air Force, resigned the Dukedom of Galliera to his eldest son 1937; m at Schloss Rosenau, nr Coburg 15 Jul 1909, Princess Beatrice (b at Eastwell Park, Ken 20 Apr 1884; d at El Botanico, Sanlucar de Barrameda 13 Jul 1966), dau of Alfred, Duke of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha, Prince of Great Britain and Ireland, Duke of Edinburgh, etc and Grand Duchess Maria of Russia, and had issue,
(1). Prince Alvaro Antonio Carlos Felipe
Fernando, 6th Duke of Galliera, at the resignation of his father of the Dukedom
14 Jul 1937, b at Coburg 20 Apr 1910; d at Monte Carlo 22 Aug
1997; m (non dynastic in Spain) at Rome 10 Jul 1937, Carla (b at
Milan 13 Dec 1909), dau of Leopoldo Girolamo Parodi Delfino, Senator of the
Kingdom of Italy and Lucia Henny, and had issue,
(57 rue Grimaldi, Monte Carlo, Monaco)
1. Princess Gerarda, b at Rome 25 Aug 1939; m
1stly (m diss by div 1977; annuled 18 Jul 1990) at New York (civ) 22
Jul 1963 & (relig) 25 Feb 1967, Harry Freeman Saint (b at New York
13 Feb 1941), son of Ellis Chandler Saint and Rachel Freeman. She m
2ndly at Monaco 17 Nov 1990 Ignacio Romero y de Solis, 6th Marquess
of Marchelina (b at Seville 20 Oct 1937), son of Ignacio Romero y
Osborne, 5th Marquess of Marchellina and Miquelina de Solis y Lasso
de la Vega.
(Levies 9, 41004 Sevilla, Spain)
2. Prince Alonso, b at Rome 23 Aug 1941; d at Houston, USA 7 Sep 1975, Diplomat, Consul of Spain at Houston USA; m at Naples 12 Jan 1966, Emilia (b at Naples 6 Apr 1940), dau of Vincenzo Ferrara-Pignatelli, Principe di Strongoli, Conte di Melissa, Barone di Silvi e Castiglione and Nobile Francesca Pulci-Doria, and had issue,
1).Prince Alfonso, 7th Duke of Galliera, b at Santa Cruz de Teneriffe, Canary Islands, 2 Jan 1968; m at Paris (civ) 28 Mar 1994 Véronique (b at Verviers, Belgium 16 Nov 1970), dau of Jean Marie Goeders and Anne Marie Grosjean, and has issue,
Prince Alfonso, b at Paris 15 Jul 1994.
2). Prince Alvaro, b at Santa Cruz de Teneriffe, Canary Islands 4 Oct 1969.
(3). Princess Beatriz, b at Seville 27 Apr 1943; m at Rome 25 Apr 1964 (m diss by div 4 Aug 1989), Tommaso, of the Counts Farini, Patrician of Ravenna (b at Turin 16 Sep 1938), son of Count Antonio Maria Farini, Patrician of Ravenna, and Silvia Bellia.
(4). Prince Alvaro Jaime, b at Rome 1 Mar 1947; m at Campiglione 22 May 1974, Giovanna (b at Campligione 10 Apr 1945), dau of Casimiro San Martino di San Germano d'Aglie, Marquess of Fontanetto and San Germano and Maria Cristina Ruffo di Calabria, of the Dukes of Guardia Lombarda (sister of Queen Paola of the Belgians), and has issue,
(1). Princess Pilar, b at Rome 27 May 1975.
(2). Prince Andrès, b at Rome 9 Jul 1976.
(3). Prince Alois, b at Rome 24 Mar 1979.
5. Prince Alonso, b at Madrid 28 May 1912; exec (by the Republican forces) Madrid 18 Nov 1936.
6. Prince Ataulfo, b at Madrid 20 Oct 1913; d at Malaga 4 Oct 1974.